This project is read-only.

performance tests?

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:35 PM
Hi,

This is great stuff... Our company will test it so it can be used in a project.
This would involve the setup of a hierarchy of very structured content types with metadata. These content types, subcontenttypes and their columns would then of course be used for the navigation.

A question: have you tested it on large quantities of documents? hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions? How is performance affected?

thanks
PJ
Sep 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM
No real performance testing done. I would be interested in the results and process, feel free to ping me directly.

pjhermans wrote:
Hi,

This is great stuff... Our company will test it so it can be used in a project.
This would involve the setup of a hierarchy of very structured content types with metadata. These content types, subcontenttypes and their columns would then of course be used for the navigation.

A question: have you tested it on large quantities of documents? hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions? How is performance affected?

thanks
PJ

Oct 24, 2007 at 5:37 PM
A limited testing was done internally against ~4K documents with 10 facets. Results are good.
Oct 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM
Our tests have been postponed a bit. Shift in priorities ;-)
upto now we did some limited testing with approx 10000 docs and good results (for a slow VPC anyway). But all documents were small and had almost the same metadata. So test results are not really that reliable.
We're currently waiting for a proper environment (2 frontends and separate indexing server) to do some real testing, but that will take us to the end of november. I'll keep you informed of the results
Oct 27, 2007 at 2:55 AM
That'd be great! BTW FS performance depends 1st of all on a Sql server (it better be a dedicated server) and partially on a query server. Index server plays a key role at the time the content is crawled, thus happens before FS comes to play.

pjhermans wrote:
Our tests have been postponed a bit. Shift in priorities ;-)
upto now we did some limited testing with approx 10000 docs and good results (for a slow VPC anyway). But all documents were small and had almost the same metadata. So test results are not really that reliable.
We're currently waiting for a proper environment (2 frontends and separate indexing server) to do some real testing, but that will take us to the end of november. I'll keep you informed of the results