This project is read-only.

Multi-Line Columns and Facets

Nov 15, 2007 at 8:46 PM
I am storing some document attributes in a multi-line custom column, which I had no trouble setting up MOSS Faceted Search to display the column in search results. Trouble is, the results I get back do not treat each line of the multi-line column as a single facet, instead I'm getting back facets that are very long single items!

Is there a better way for me to store these attributes so that MOSS Faceted Search can treat them each as individual facets? I rather like using the multi-line column, since it seems the most natural choice for my data.
Nov 17, 2007 at 5:18 PM
I suggest to use multiple-choice or multiple-lookup column for your need. Faceted Search will parse either properly.

cjh wrote:
I am storing some document attributes in a multi-line custom column, which I had no trouble setting up MOSS Faceted Search to display the column in search results. Trouble is, the results I get back do not treat each line of the multi-line column as a single facet, instead I'm getting back facets that are very long single items!

Is there a better way for me to store these attributes so that MOSS Faceted Search can treat them each as individual facets? I rather like using the multi-line column, since it seems the most natural choice for my data.