This project is read-only.

Faceted Search designed to work with Advanced Search Results page?

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM
I would like to know if the Faceted Search is designed to work with Advanced Search Results also or will it work with the Basic Search Results only. I ask them because in the advanced search we will not be able to pass the input keywords and scopes (K and S parameters) through the query string, Faceted Search results web part is throwing the following exception whenever the K and S parameters are not existent....

Attemped to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

However, it works fine with Basic Search Results because query string in the URL contains the K Parameter.

Can you please confirm?

PS: a) I’m using Ver 1.2 of Faceted Search
b) I’ve already applied the Hotfix to .NET FX 2.0 (and have restarted my server!)

Thanks,
- Ramkumar
Jan 23, 2008 at 1:26 PM
Faceted Search works only with basic (URL based) search.

dramkumar wrote:
I would like to know if the Faceted Search is designed to work with Advanced Search Results also or will it work with the Basic Search Results only. I ask them because in the advanced search we will not be able to pass the input keywords and scopes (K and S parameters) through the query string, Faceted Search results web part is throwing the following exception whenever the K and S parameters are not existent....

Attemped to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

However, it works fine with Basic Search Results because query string in the URL contains the K Parameter.

Can you please confirm?

PS: a) I’m using Ver 1.2 of Faceted Search
b) I’ve already applied the Hotfix to .NET FX 2.0 (and have restarted my server!)

Thanks,
- Ramkumar

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Has this behaviour changed for the new 2.0 release? Or does it still only work with basic search?

What level of code change would be needed to make the faceted search work with advanced search?
Feb 1, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Still there. POST request is a bit more than add-on feature so it's not in work.

highlandery wrote:
Has this behaviour changed for the new 2.0 release? Or does it still only work with basic search?

What level of code change would be needed to make the faceted search work with advanced search?

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Hi,
We might use the Faceted Search for a Intranet solution  and  we would like to know  if it's expected to work fully (scopes, restrictions...) with the Advanced Search Box WebPart in a future.
Thx in advanced,
Iker Elgezabal
Aug 19, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2008 at 4:37 PM
The release 2.5 supports advanced search.
Aug 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM
But does this late release (uploaded Aug 11) support advanced search using sharepoint scopes and restrictions based in managed properties or metadata?

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM
It does. However, refinement of the search results in 2.5 is limited to EQUAL and CONTAINS conditions.