Search scope being dropped

Jan 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Hi,

I have installed version 2.0 of the project and I have a small issue around the search scope being lost when i click on a facet value.

I.e.

I have a search scope called Articles when i do a search for privacy i get a set of results limited to that search scope as specified by the query string parameter

/SearchCenter/Pages/results.aspx?k=privacy&s=Articles

I then click on one of the listed facet values and the query string parameter s=Articles gets dropped resulting in the url looking like such and the results not being incorrect but not what the user was looking for i guess.

/SearchCenter/Pages/results.aspx?k=privacy

Is this a known issue that is being looked at or can be fixed or is not supported?

Pete
Jan 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Hi,

Just thought I would let everyone know that this seems to have been resolved in this thread http://www.codeplex.com/FacetedSearch/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=20935

Cheers,
Pete
Feb 7, 2008 at 8:10 AM
Hi peter,
I am new to sharepoint. I have installed version 2.0 of the project. but i couldn't create search center. How to create it. I tried at =>search settings "Search Center and Custom Scopes"and used custum scope. But I am getting unknown error.
please help me.

petervranich wrote:
Hi,

I have installed version 2.0 of the project and I have a small issue around the search scope being lost when i click on a facet value.

I.e.

I have a search scope called Articles when i do a search for privacy i get a set of results limited to that search scope as specified by the query string parameter

/SearchCenter/Pages/results.aspx?k=privacy&s=Articles

I then click on one of the listed facet values and the query string parameter s=Articles gets dropped resulting in the url looking like such and the results not being incorrect but not what the user was looking for i guess.

/SearchCenter/Pages/results.aspx?k=privacy

Is this a known issue that is being looked at or can be fixed or is not supported?

Pete