Faceted Search 2.0 + Scopes

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Hi All,

I'm facing a weird bahavior with Faceted Search and Sharepoint search scopes and at this point I don't know what to do. Let me try to explain the situation.

In the site A I have a scope which gets items from a Sharepoint Document Library and there are four lookup fields in this doc lib that work as category of the items. Also, in the same site A there is other scope that points to another document library that belongs to site B, but the second doc lib does not have the same lookup fields of the doc lib from site A. I've added all metaproperties in the content search of the Central Administration. I've created a webpart which combine the search results, I mean the webpart display results data from site A and B. That's the issue, when I've select to show results from both sites the Faceted Search is not being displayed. It is being showed only when data comes from site A (that has the category columns).

I've tryed to find out something over the internet without success. I'm not sure if it is a limitation of the Faceted component or if it's a known issue., but I hope you can help me on this matter.

Regards,

Romulo Portillo.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I don't understand what you are trying to explain in your original post. Can you post a diagram or something? Are you using a search center site or what are you doing?

Without really knowing too much about this, I'd say check permissions - I believe the results are rights trimmed... that'd be my best guess at this point.