This project is read-only.

Both webparts display red exclaimation mark

May 10, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Edited May 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hi there,

We have succesfully installed both the SearchFacets and SearchBreadCrumbs web parts on our web server. The features have been activated as per the setup guide. Both webparts can previewed in the web part gallery. The problem occurs after placing the webparts on the search page both web parts display a red exclaimation mark.

Please note we are not using MOSS Search Center is this a neccessity for the web parts to work? I have performed a crawl of the site and checked the scope is pointed only at the relavent intranet site. Search results are returned in our search but for some reason the web parts think this is not the case?

Searching the SP disagnostic logs and windows Error Console application logs doesn't bring up any clues as to what might be causing the webparts to think no results are returned.

Can anyone advise a better way of finding out the source of this error?

Many Thanks,

Naveen

May 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Edited May 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi,

I have created a test 'Search Center' sub site, then added the SearchFacets and SearchBreadcrumbs webparts. Which look like they are working displaying results, which is good.

So my follow up question is how do these faceted search webparts exactly rely on the MOSS 'Search Center' what needs to be set up for the 'Search Center' that I also need to setup on my custom search page, so when i add the webparts they pick up search results?

Thanks, best regards,

Naveen

May 10, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Hi,

I figured this out after reading a helpful post by Leonid http://facetedsearch.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=62956

After changing the Scope field within the Faceted Search webpart to name of the scope set up in SSP as instructed in the link above the webparts are now working on my customised search page :) (that doesn't use a search center).