Upgrade to FS 3.0 display problem

May 21, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Hi,

I have upgraded my version of Faceted Search from 2.5 to 3.0. I did this by removing the 2.5 soution then doing a fresh install of the 3.0 version.

All worked well except for the fact that the values rendered for the Facets are displayed as three dots i.e. "...". I also notice the Facet values that are displayed as such have the correct value in the title tag but display the "..." as the anchor value. What more confusing is that some values are actually rendered but they have not title attribute in the anchor tag.

Below is the html code for the Facet value displaying "..." but the correct value in the title tag

<a style="vertical-align: middle;" href="/search/Pages/results.aspx?start=1&amp;k=allen+%26+overy+DETECTEDLANGUAGE%3a%229%22" onclick="return setHold(this);" class="ms-navitem" title="9">...</a>

Below is the html code for the Facet value displaying correctly and no title tag

<a style="vertical-align: middle;" href="/search/Pages/results.aspx?start=1&amp;k=allen+%26+overy+Jurisdiction%3a%22UK%22" onclick="return setHold(this);" class="ms-navitem">UK</a>

Does anyone know why this happens?

Many Thanks,
Nav

May 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Figured it out its the Maximum length of Facet value which was 0 changed this to 20.

The problem was caused when all the default values were wiped when I removed 2.5 and installed 3.0. Luckily I had an install on my virtual machine I could reference the values from... ;)