This project is read-only.

Install problem

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:51 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2008 at 6:54 PM
Hi there,
Good to know few have been successfully using the MOSS Faceted Search. I have been trying to install and test out but with no avail. When I click on SeachFacets web part for preview under Web Part Gallery > Web Part Preview
I get "object reference not set to instance of an object". I am able to preview the BreadCrumbs Web Part.
I have gone thorugh the cycle of deinstalling/installing the version 2.0 (this is a new test instance does not have older version), activated/deactivated web parts multiple times. Restarted IIS but with no luck.
Any clues, any one. I am running Windows server 2003 standard edition with Service pack 2.
Feb 14, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Hi,
I also get an error when I try to preview "Search Facets" Webpart.
Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Any Ideas?

thx
Wolfgang
Feb 20, 2008 at 9:02 PM
I also can view the BreadCrumbs but not the Faceted webpart. When I preview it, this is the full error I receive in red text:

Value cannot be null. Paramater name: serverContextObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

At first I thought it was a site collection problem, (A Team Site) so I created a brand new site collection using the Collaberation Portal template. After activating the Sharepoint Search and the Faceted Search features - still doesn't work:(

Hoping someone knows the fix for this:) (And glad that I am not the only one with the problem:)
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM
Can you please provide full error from the event log. Also, is only wp preview not working or the web part doesn't work on the page either?
For testing would be good if you change trust to Full in web.config and re-run whatever you're doing.

trulygreat wrote:
I also can view the BreadCrumbs but not the Faceted webpart. When I preview it, this is the full error I receive in red text:

Value cannot be null. Paramater name: serverContextObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

At first I thought it was a site collection problem, (A Team Site) so I created a brand new site collection using the Collaberation Portal template. After activating the Sharepoint Search and the Faceted Search features - still doesn't work:(

Hoping someone knows the fix for this:) (And glad that I am not the only one with the problem:)

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Actually since this was a test machine, I started from scratch again and since have been able to get MOSS Faceted Search version 2 working properly and I must add I am impressed by it. Good job leonidly.

Actually I had the luxury or installing and reinstalling the trial version of MOSS Office server, but that did not help the matter, so I reinstalled the OS and MOSS to get the Faceted Search working. Hopefully my team does not encounter any problem when we finally moved to a production version.
Feb 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM
ServerContext is used in FullTextSqlQuery. However, it is not Faceted Search object, rather MOSS search engine's. The error might indicate that search service is not setup properly. Please try to index any content (e.g. web site or local sharepoint sites), check the event log, and if no errors, check how many items you actually have in index.
Troubleshooting of the MOSS search service configuration is out of scope of this discussion.

leonidly wrote:
Can you please provide full error from the event log. Also, is only wp preview not working or the web part doesn't work on the page either?
For testing would be good if you change trust to Full in web.config and re-run whatever you're doing.

trulygreat wrote: