This project is read-only.

Install permissions problem

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:07 AM
When running setup.exe for v2.0, during the System Check process it fails at the first step with the error (spelling errors left as is):

Access deined. Could not read the Windows Registry key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared

I am running setup.exe both logged in as the domain administrator account, and also tried right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator". Neither works.

Any ideas?
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:04 AM
Hey kcepull,

I had the same problem and found that it can't be installed from a network drive. I moved the files to a local folder and it installed with no problems.

I was logged in as the service account at the time but I don't think that is what made the difference :)

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Ross.
Mar 28, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Did you ever find a resolution? I am having the same problem when I run setup.exe on my production server. (works fine when I install it on my dev server)
Mar 28, 2008 at 9:45 PM
For the installer problem please refer to the http://www.codeplex.com/sharepointinstaller

shwheeler wrote:
Did you ever find a resolution? I am having the same problem when I run setup.exe on my production server. (works fine when I install it on my dev server)