Facets on Advanced Search results not filtering by search terms

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:42 AM

The web part is not filtering on the search terms(s) when the web part is added to an advanced search results page. Should this be working? It is fine on a Standard Search results page.

My suspicion is that the facets web part is looking for the terms in the URL query string, and because the advanced search does a post instead that the faceted search does not see them.

Thanks hopefully,
Philip

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM

2.5 doesn't work with MOSS advanced search for that very reason. Support for advanced search was implemented in 3.0 which isn't available on CodePlex anymore

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Thanks Leonidly. We upgraded to 3.0 a few weeks ago (in test) so sounds like it should be working. Perhaps some artifacts from the old install are hanging around?

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Me again - more info. Actually the facet pane from an Advanced Search is mostly working, but there is another issue relating to advanced search that is not working. What works is when you do an advanced search and select some scopes and a keyword, all this goes correctly through to the facet count. The problem is that unfortunately if you click on one of the highlighted facets, it does a new search on that facet but without the search keyword. I.e. the keyword is not passed through when you click on a facet link. Is this conclusion correct? If so is there any plan to fix this?

Thanks hopefully again,
Philip

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I'm having the same issue. Do you have a fix for this?

Nathan

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I would imagine that Faceted Search produced by Stoictech.com has this issue resolved.