Setup.exe Error and Deploy Solution failing

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:03 PM
On a development MOSS 2007 front-end web server I had no problems using the setup.exe to deploy version 2.0 of the faceted search solution and web parts.

However, on a production MOSS 2007 front-end web server I am getting an error when I try to run setup.exe; "Windows cannon access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am logged in as a local admin, which also happens to be one of the site collection administrators.

I am also having trouble deploying the solution file "faceted search 2.0.wsp" by hand (STSADM and Central Admin site), I am able to add the solution using STSADM -o addsolution, but when I try to deploy the solution using Central Admin I get the following error:

Are these two issues related? What can I do to get around these errors?

The installation of features failed during deployment of the solution.
Last Operation Details: LIMA : Feature '4ad6146d-6ada-4931-ab81-0e179de7008e' could not be installed because the loading of event receiver assembly "Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009" failed: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009'
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFeatureDefinition.get_ReceiverObject()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Can you double-check if you the farm administrator

shwheeler wrote:
On a development MOSS 2007 front-end web server I had no problems using the setup.exe to deploy version 2.0 of the faceted search solution and web parts.

However, on a production MOSS 2007 front-end web server I am getting an error when I try to run setup.exe; "Windows cannon access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am logged in as a local admin, which also happens to be one of the site collection administrators.

I am also having trouble deploying the solution file "faceted search 2.0.wsp" by hand (STSADM and Central Admin site), I am able to add the solution using STSADM -o addsolution, but when I try to deploy the solution using Central Admin I get the following error:

Last Operation Details: LIMA : Feature '4ad6146d-6ada-4931-ab81-0e179de7008e' could not be installed because the loading of event receiver assembly "Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009" failed: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646907c4a695009'
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Yes, I confirmed that the account (a domain account) is listsed in People and Groups: Farm Administrators. I also confirmed that the domain account is a member of the local Administrators group on that server (stand alone MOSS Server, running SP1, with a seperate server running the SQL 2005 db).

Anything else you can think of to check?

Scott

leonidly wrote:

shwheeler wrote:

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I haven't seen nor can replicate this error. "Hopefully", someone else can.
I suggest you to turn on Diagnostic Logging and set verbose level in Event Throttling on all Administration and security events. Seems that you have a permission issue that needs to be troubleshooted and fixed.

shwheeler wrote:
Yes, I confirmed that the account (a domain account) is listsed in People and Groups: Farm Administrators. I also confirmed that the domain account is a member of the local Administrators group on that server (stand alone MOSS Server, running SP1, with a seperate server running the SQL 2005 db).

Anything else you can think of to check?

Scott

leonidly wrote:

shwheeler wrote: