Problem with Facets on Multi value

Apr 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM
I have noticed a problem with the Facets if a column has more than one value. I have a content type that allows for more than one country to be selected in a column. The facets show for each country in the multi value. If I select one of the countries as a facet, the facet web part disappears.

Example:
Search for a document with a keyword of "procedures"
One of the returned items has "Australia;New Zealand;Singapore;Brunei Darussalam;China;Viet Nam" in the country column.
The Facets are displaying :
*Australia (1)
*Brunei Darussalam (1)
*China (1)
*New Zealand (1)
*Singapore (1)
*Viet Nam (1)

If I click on any of the facets, the web part disappears. If I remove the facet from the bread crumb, the facet web part does not come back. I have to reset all facets.

Any ideas how to avoid this?
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2008 at 4:37 AM
please enabled the "prefix search" web part property and see if that helps.

bhconley wrote:
I have noticed a problem with the Facets if a column has more than one value. I have a content type that allows for more than one country to be selected in a column. The facets show for each country in the multi value. If I select one of the countries as a facet, the facet web part disappears.

Example:
Search for a document with a keyword of "procedures"
One of the returned items has "Australia;New Zealand;Singapore;Brunei Darussalam;China;Viet Nam" in the country column.
The Facets are displaying :
*Australia (1)
*Brunei Darussalam (1)
*China (1)
*New Zealand (1)
*Singapore (1)
*Viet Nam (1)

If I click on any of the facets, the web part disappears. If I remove the facet from the bread crumb, the facet web part does not come back. I have to reset all facets.

Any ideas how to avoid this?

Apr 3, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2008 at 6:18 PM
It turned out to be a hidden rule "mInformationType = Policy". Once I removed this, it functioned correctly. Thanks!