This project is read-only.

Facets for Multi Valued columns (Choice - CheckBoxes)

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM
Faceted Search version 2.0
I am trying to get a multi valued column to come back with the correct facets... Is there any special setup that needs to be done on the managed proprty or the site column? Currently it only displays the last value in the facets instead of the multiple value.

Here is what I currently have tried.

Site Column of field Type Choice - CheckBoxes(MultiValue). Then I insert this column into the Columns section of the faceted search webpart. When I search and an item is returned that has multiple values in this field. Only the last value in the field is shown as a facet. I looked at my managed property for the column and it is being crawled and in the search settings under crawled properties it says it is multivalued.. I have tried a full crawl and an iisreset to see if that would help, but it has not.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Apr 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM
I figured it out. The Managed Property needs to be setup as follows. Use the ows_ColumnName as the mapped property and use the "Include values from all crawled properties mapped" radio button. If you use the other radio button it will only send back the last value of a multivalued column. Who would have thought that those radio buttons do not only control which mapped properties value comes back but also if it should send back multivalues from a single managed property.
Apr 10, 2008 at 3:19 AM
That shouldn't happen. You can post your stp files and I'll test.

cassie wrote:
Faceted Search version 2.0
I am trying to get a multi valued column to come back with the correct facets... Is there any special setup that needs to be done on the managed proprty or the site column? Currently it only displays the last value in the facets instead of the multiple value.

Here is what I currently have tried.

Site Column of field Type Choice - CheckBoxes(MultiValue). Then I insert this column into the Columns section of the faceted search webpart. When I search and an item is returned that has multiple values in this field. Only the last value in the field is shown as a facet. I looked at my managed property for the column and it is being crawled and in the search settings under crawled properties it says it is multivalued.. I have tried a full crawl and an iisreset to see if that would help, but it has not.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
cassie wrote:
I figured it out. The Managed Property needs to be setup as follows. Use the ows_ColumnName as the mapped property and use the "Include values from all crawled properties mapped" radio button. If you use the other radio button it will only send back the last value of a multivalued column. Who would have thought that those radio buttons do not only control which mapped properties value comes back but also if it should send back multivalues from a single managed property.

Sorry to dig up a thread from *years* ago, but I'm having the problem you described ... the fix above doesn't work for me.  My managed property was already set to "include values from all."  Is this something you've run into again and do you have an alternative fix?  Thanks!