How to add more categories to Facetted Search

May 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Hello,

I searched for a tutorial to add more categories to my Facetted Search web part. In the web I found some screedshoots. The people added for example Industry beside the Author / Content Source  / Content Type. I would like to adapt my webpart as well...

May someone knows where I can search for more informations about how I can do that.

Greetings
Timo
May 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Please take a look at the "Faceted Search Config Guide" on the "Releases" tab on the Faceted Search website. That worked for me.

Thanks,
Vaegy

TimoHeidschuster wrote:
Hello,

I searched for a tutorial to add more categories to my Facetted Search web part. In the web I found some screedshoots. The people added for example Industry beside the Author / Content Source  / Content Type. I would like to adapt my webpart as well...

May someone knows where I can search for more informations about how I can do that.

Greetings
Timo

May 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Hi Vaegy,

Thank you for your answer.

When I see this here

<Mapping Match="text/xml" DisplayName="Xml" Image="ICXML.gif" />
<Mapping Match="aspx%" DisplayName="Asp.net" />

How does this works exactly? When I understand that correctly so the Match works on Meta data as well?
I saw a Facetted search sample with preview of persons within People search. I do not understand how the Facetted Search can catch that informations and shows them up.

Did you made some complexx implementation by yourself?

Regards
Timo

May 28, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Hi Tim,

With these mappings you can include icons next to the items listed in, say the FileExtension facet or in the Content Type facet (or others depending upon where you define it in the XSL file of the facets webpart). E.g. MS Word icon for a .doc file, a PowePoint icon next to a .ppt file etc. I found that these and other such gifs are pulled from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\IMAGES\" folder on the MOSS system. You can also add your own images here and refer to them in your code.

I am not sure I correctly understand your question about people search.

Vaegy

May 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM

... With the images I know. I already looked again for my people search question and made a mistake (it is a small picture on the MSDN site). I mixed the content with the faceted search.

The showed people espacially with xslt new designed. Beside the faceted search with new categories like jobtitle etc.. I will try to do that now by myself.

Thanks a lot

Timo

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM
The default install for Faceted Search worked just fine for me on MSS 2008. But when I added an additional facet following the "Faceted Search Config Guide" I get the following problem in my WebPart:
"Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with the schema settings. Managed properties don't contains the facet: <name>" where name is the name of the facet I had added.
And then the WebPart does not show any result.

What did I miss?
I would appreciate if someone has a advise to solve this issue.

Best regards,
Henk Visser

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Hi Henk,

Did you use a facet that has a corresponding managed property? I tried to recreate this error and I get it if I add a facet that does not correspond to a managed property.

Thanks,
Vaegy

hjvisser wrote:
The default install for Faceted Search worked just fine for me on MSS 2008. But when I added an additional facet following the "Faceted Search Config Guide" I get the following problem in my WebPart:
"Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with the schema settings. Managed properties don't contains the facet: <name>" where name is the name of the facet I had added.
And then the WebPart does not show any result.

What did I miss?
I would appreciate if someone has a advise to solve this issue.

Best regards,
Henk Visser

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:57 AM
Thanks Vaegy, this solved the issue!

Cheers,
Henk

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:34 AM
Is there a list of possible meta data items?   Your document lacks anything beyond a simple change.