Faceted search result in plain ASPX (no web part)?

May 26, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Are there any obvious obstacles when trying to port the Faceted Search to plain ASPX without using web parts?

I have an application server without MOSS 2007/WSS 2008 installed - and would like it to process the faceted search and present results without using web parts. The idea is to use AJAX/asyncxml to present the facets. Any ideas on how to start?
May 29, 2008 at 10:45 PM
You have no MOSS / WSS installed? Faceted search is based on the object model. Do you want to create your own facted search? Do I understand somethink wrong?

Greetings
Timo
May 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Hi Timo, sorry for asking my question in such a way that you misunderstood it! :)

I have MOSS 2007 installed, and I want to throw a faceted search towards the MOSS search engine - but my presentation layer will not be web parts, but plain ASPX. So, is there a way to use the MOSS object model or web services to show search results without having to use web parts?

DagH
May 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hi,

Now is everythink clear ;). I do not believe. The Faceted Search is rendered within a webpart. Why you want to use it without the webpart? You can remove everythink from the webpart and put your own xslt behind. The webpart itself you can configure directly on your site (size, etc.). You will have a style / design however this will look like.

Greetings
Timo