Custome document content types

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:48 AM
I'm having troubles getting my own document content types to show up in the faceted search web part.
The documents are docx types, and the facet shows application/vnd.ms-word.document.12. However, when I click that facet, the search result shows no hits.
How can I get my own custome content types to be shown as facets, and why are not the docx documents shown when I click that facet?
Jun 12, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Found out that this has something with the ContentType managed property. It uses the MIME type instead of the SP content type. Solved it by making a new managed property only mapping ows_contenttype(text).

This way I also got away with the problem that the faceted search gave me hits on application/vnd.ms-word.document.12, but they are not shown in a search. If I manually change it to application/vnd.ms-word it shows...

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 3:49 AM
The Office 12 content types' problem does exist. It is beyond Faceted Search though.

knutl wrote:

Found out that this has something with the ContentType managed property. It uses the MIME type instead of the SP content type. Solved it by making a new managed property only mapping ows_contenttype(text).

This way I also got away with the problem that the faceted search gave me hits on application/vnd.ms-word.document.12, but they are not shown in a search. If I manually change it to application/vnd.ms-word it shows...

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Ok, that's a shame though. Like I said I ended up on only the content type.

I have another problem with a managed property of Yes/No type. In Faceted Search it shows as "True" and "False", but when I apply one of them, it returns no search hits. Is it SharePoint that can't search such a property, or could there be something with the Faceted Search Web Part?

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2008 at 6:23 PM
Have you tried creating a managed property ContentType2 mapping this to ows_contenttype. And create a Calculated field ContentType2 which takes the ContentType field as the source of its data. Then include this ContentType2 in the definition of the faceted search webpart.

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Wow, that's a tad complex, no? >>> managed property mapping to ows_contenttype, calculated field ContentType2, etc.

Surely there's a way to format the output of the facets via XSLT, or the like?  Pretty Please!?