This project is read-only.

Basic configuration problems

Jun 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM
I'm having a couple of issues configuring the Faceted search.  Using the new 2.0 code, 64 bit, on a 4 server farm (web, apps, index, db).

#1 - FS displays perfectly - but it is counting author as the last person to touch a document.  We've (I've) migrated 2600 docs over from another DM tool so its showing me as author of all the docs.  I've tried adding a property in the XML as per the instructions using the managed property CreatedBy  (<Column Name="CreatedBy" OrderBy="Name" TotalResults="5" />) but that's not displaying.  I've commented out the first Name (Author) and it disappears so I know the file is being read.)  What code am I missing?

#2 - On Content Type column - files are not being consistently displayed with the display name.  Word docs are displayed as Word, docx are shown as Word 12 but PDFs are showing as application/pdf, web pages are showing as "text/html; char set=unicode 8"  etc. and NONE of the icons are showing properly - even for things like Word and Word 12.

Any thoughts or advice?
Jun 21, 2008 at 11:41 PM
#1 - most likely your migration/import has changed the created by and date created fields. If your documents have internal Author property, you have to use that for facet. Make sure that you run full index crawl to see imported properties.

#2 - you have control over the icons in Mappings

If you're deploying Faceted Search to a production public site, please contact me directly for additional support.

MRoselius wrote:
I'm having a couple of issues configuring the Faceted search.  Using the new 2.0 code, 64 bit, on a 4 server farm (web, apps, index, db).

#1 - FS displays perfectly - but it is counting author as the last person to touch a document.  We've (I've) migrated 2600 docs over from another DM tool so its showing me as author of all the docs.  I've tried adding a property in the XML as per the instructions using the managed property CreatedBy  (<Column Name="CreatedBy" OrderBy="Name" TotalResults="5" />) but that's not displaying.  I've commented out the first Name (Author) and it disappears so I know the file is being read.)  What code am I missing?

#2 - On Content Type column - files are not being consistently displayed with the display name.  Word docs are displayed as Word, docx are shown as Word 12 but PDFs are showing as application/pdf, web pages are showing as "text/html; char set=unicode 8"  etc. and NONE of the icons are showing properly - even for things like Word and Word 12.

Any thoughts or advice?