Features - Drill into Facets and Exclude Facets

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:12 PM
I have the need to be able to drill down into a facet.  I.e. have a parent facet that I would like displayed initially and then once I have chosen a parent facet is it possible at that time to display the child facets.  Sort of like a category / sub category type of thing.  One way I think this could be done is to conditionally display or hide a facet until such time as another facet has been chosen.  

Another thing I would like to be able to do is to chose to exclude a facet from the results rather than just include a facet as is currently the case. 

From the diggging I have done, there does not seem to be a way to do either of these things but perhaps I am wrong.

Any possibility that these features could be considered for a future release?
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Parent-child relationship is implemented in 2.5. Coming soon...

sjacobsen wrote:
I have the need to be able to drill down into a facet.  I.e. have a parent facet that I would like displayed initially and then once I have chosen a parent facet is it possible at that time to display the child facets.  Sort of like a category / sub category type of thing.  One way I think this could be done is to conditionally display or hide a facet until such time as another facet has been chosen.  

Another thing I would like to be able to do is to chose to exclude a facet from the results rather than just include a facet as is currently the case. 

From the diggging I have done, there does not seem to be a way to do either of these things but perhaps I am wrong.

Any possibility that these features could be considered for a future release?