can't select "Search Facets" in "Edit Page"

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Hi,

i did install the MOSS Faceted Seach on Search Server 2008. Everything goes well until i should select on the
\\myserver\result.aspx  -> Site Action -> Edit Page -> the "Faceds Search"  or the  "Search Bread Crumbs"
there is no "Faceds Search" or "Search Bread Crumbs"

Any idea ?

Thx a lot!!
Jun 18, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Was this ever resolved?  I am seeing with the current 3.0 build.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Sorry, folks. What are the repro steps?

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I'm having the same problem. Used the regular installer (not the one-click one) and went through the steps in the document on a clean web app (created using the collab template).

I'm able to create a page using the faceted search template. The layout page is checked in. I did run into the error where the page wouldn't display and had a problem with a ListTab control (can't remember the exact message but it's posted elsewhere here). The web parts are all there.

However when I do a test search to bring up the results page then try to edit the page, the only page layout available is the search results page. Maybe some setting on the Faceted results .aspx page needs to be changed?

I'm running service pack 1 BTW. Haven't applied SP2 or any CUs yet.

EDIT: I'm not able to change the results page to the faceted layout but could add the web parts to the results page and it works. However I'm assuming I'm getting a little less diminished experience here. Will look at other ways to fix this, might just have to replace resutls.aspx with the faceted one.

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Please confirm that you allowed FacetedSearchResultsPage into available layouts on the search site.