This project is read-only.

Faceted Search Uses All Content Sources

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Thank you very much for the time that was put for the new release of Faceted Search.  I just upgraded to it.  I want to have the faceted search to only look at one content source.  It was removed from the mapping but still has count for the results from whats in other content sources.  How would I only have it look at a specific content source?  Thank you.
Sep 5, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your email.  The index is currently made up of items from all content sources that have been crawled.  The only way to do this, from thinking about this very quickly, would be to use search scopes to physically limit the scope of the faceted search.  This isn't something that's implemented yet however.

Kind Regards

Shaun O'Callaghan
Sep 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM
Thank you for the response. I was thinking that would be the only method but wasn't for sure.  I was going to test to see if this would work:

<Column Name="ContentSource" OrderBy="Hits" TotalResults="5" DisplayName="Content Source"  Default="Intranet" >
This would be one great method that could work if it were implemented to the base code.   

Thank you for concluding the question answered. 
Jun 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM

What is the status of incorporating the ability to search within just one content source?

I have four content sources.  The counts loook like they are being returned from all content sources. Very misleading results which causes extra clicking.

The site should not see any traces from any of the content sources.  I used it for a month then had to remove it because it required "ContentSource:thecontent" to be added to each contnet query.  Which would obvoiously confuse the user.  I hope to place it back in the environment but I can't when facets cant be defaulted to just one content source. Any thoughts?

i'm running version 2.5

Thanks

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM

You might review MOSS OOB concept of contextual scopes.