This project is read-only.

Permissions Error

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM
I am getting the following error when I search part of the time,  "Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.  

I get results part of the time. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Hi Connie,

Many thanks for your email.

There are a few things to try here.  Firstly, try setting the trust level to Full in your web.config file for your SharePoint application where Faceted Search is deployed and run the "affected" searches again.

Please could you advise further and tell me whether this resolves your problem?

Kind Regards,

Shaun O'Callaghan
Sep 12, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Shaun,
The trust level for this is set in a wss_custom file.  I am not sure where I would change the trust level to set it to full.  After further investigating the error, I see that this is only occuring when I have search results for a Livelink search scope.  The security error could be because faceted search does not have permissions to Livelink or because authentication is not being passed. 

Is faceted search using anonymous to query or a service?  How is the authentication passed?
Thanks,
Connie
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Connie,

Faceted Search will search the MOSS generated index, the credentials for LiveLink content source are set via SSP irrespective of Faceted Search (as I'm sure you know).

Try setting:

<

trust level="Full" originUrl="" />

in your web.config to rule out any immediate security problems, this may not be the case but it's a good first step to check.  Please post back results and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Shaun

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Changing the trust level fixed the problem.  Thanks for your help,
Connie

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for posting Connie, glad it's fixed.  Have a great weekend.

Shaun O'Callaghan