Starting up Faceted Search

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:06 AM
Hi,
I am new to this env't.I want to use the feature in our .NET application.I have downloaded the source code.
Can anyone help me how to use the code available there.
I am not able to build the application, its throwing the below error -

Error 1 The command "copy "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\bin\Debug\Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.dll" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin\" /Y
copy "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\bin\Debug\*.pdb" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin\" /Y

COPY "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\*.js" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\" /Y

rem copy "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\bin\Debug\Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.dll" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\23904\bin\" /Y
rem copy "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\bin\Debug\*.pdb" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\23904\bin\" /Y

************** build *******************
 copy "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\bin\Debug\Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.dll" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Faceted Search\80\BIN\" /Y
" exited with code 1. Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch

Thanks in advance.

-Sowjanya

Developer
Sep 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM
Sowjanya,

There are probably some residual custom build events that you need to remove.  Right click on your Visual Studio project, Properties, Build Events and remove whatever is in there.

Also, if you only want to use the software, then please download the official release.  There is no requirement to use the source code unless you want to make modifications.  I'm guessing that given you haven't used the product yet that you don't know what you need to modify.  I recommend downloading Faceted Search 2.5 beta with Enterprise Library 3.1 from the Releases page (along with documentation).

Cheers,

Shaun O'Callaghan