Keyword query search or Fulltextquery search = same result?

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your gr8 work.

I have tested keywork query faceted webpart with coreresult webpart. it's showing same result.
and tested fulltext query faceted webpart with coreresult webpart. it's showing different result becuase core result webpart using keywork query search.

but is it possible to get same result either we use keyword query or fulltextquery?

Thanks in advance!
Keval
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:19 AM
This "keywork query faceted webpart" that your talking about. What is that?
We have, like many seems to have, serious problem with the inconsistency between core result web part and the facet webpart.

So if there is any way of getting it better I would like to know.
Oct 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Hi Ludvig,
I think you didnt get my question. I am using your Faceted webpart only. your webpart giving option for keyword search and fulltext search.ok
so i mean to say
1. using core result webpart with your faceted webpart(keyword query search) e.g. giving 55 results.
2. using core result webpart  with your faceted webpart(fulltext query search) e.g. giving 38 results.
3. Core result webpart showing 55 results in both cases 1 & 2.

In case 1 and 2, i am getting different number of result so Is there any way so i can get same results in case 1 and 2 ?

Thanks !
Keval
Developer
Oct 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Hi Keval,

It seems you get more consistency with keyword search, but even so this is a small result set with which to test accuracy.  Can you check that you have implemented KeywordInclusion.AllKeywords instead of KeywordInclusion.AnyKeyword for the enum property on the query object?

Please post a reply if this doesn't fix your problem

Thanks,

Shaun O'Callaghan
Oct 24, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply.

I tested my solution with both KeywordInclusion.AllKeywords and KeywordInclusion.AnyKeyword but again it's giving me same wrong result. so what to do?

Regards,
Keval
Oct 27, 2008 at 11:18 AM
I would say these to threads are talking about the same problem:

http://www.codeplex.com/FacetedSearch/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=17396
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2008 at 12:41 AM
Try the latest published source and see if it shows improved match. Make sure to exclude People search from facets.
Nov 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM
I will try that!

Thanks for your reply. and gr8 contribution!
Nov 27, 2008 at 7:12 AM
I have tried it. Sadly same results :-(
Developer
Nov 27, 2008 at 8:24 AM
Ludvig,

Are you completely sure that you're using the updated assemblies?  There are pretty major improvements.

Thanks,

Shaun O'Callaghan
Nov 27, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM
My svn say its verison 26442. That is the last right?

I can see if I missed some step when copying the newly compiled dlls.

--- edit ---
I get a warning when compiling:

Warning    1    Assembly generation -- The version '2.5.080108.0' specified for the 'file version' is not in the normal 'major.minor.build.revision' format    Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.Receiver

But still I get a totally new dlls. Will try updating the server tomrrow.