System Error when Refining

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:12 PM
I am using FS 2.0.  I get an error "System Error" when I refine the search on the 2nd facet.

For example:  I will search on the term google agreement, Then  I refine the search by clicking on author, then I refine the search one more time on filetype and get the system error.  Any search term I refine on the second facet, gives me the error.  I could refine by content type, then author and get the same error.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2008 at 7:02 PM
FS 2.0 doesn't have exception logging implemented so your best shot is to try to analyze the event log. With FS 2.5 you get verbose error message logged.
Nov 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM

I didn’t see anything in the event logs.  I can’t really update to 2.5 right now.  Any other suggestions.

Parul Shah

Solution Engineer

XMLAW Inc. Client Services

pshah@xmlaw.net

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:03 PM
To: Parul Shah
Subject: Re: System Error when Refining [FacetedSearch:39216]

FS 2.0 doesn't have exception logging implemented so your best shot is to try to analyze the event log. With FS 2.5 you get verbose error message logged.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacetedSearch@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacetedSearch@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Confidentiality Disclaimer: 
This e-mail message and any attachments are private communication, and may contain confidential information meant solely for the intended recipient. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. 
Please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system. Thank you.