This project is read-only.

“Search Facets” web part show wrong results.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM

I have problem with “Search Facets” results, when I tried to search any keyword or record which don’t have any matching results, I can see into “search core result” webpart saying” No results matching your search were found.”, that’s’ correct as per the functionality.

But into “Search Facets” tree, I can see some of the values in all category/facets (Author, Content Source, Content Type), now When I clicked on any of the values like I clicked on “application/pdf(4)” result under Content type facets, it didn’t show me any results.

My question is that why I am not getting exact count and results as per “Search Core Results” Web part, I mean, if I don’t have any matching records into my site, then “Search Faceted” should not display any category or records.

Do I am missing any configuration in any of the web part properties?

Please let me know if you need more information related to challenges which I am facing.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanket Shah

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:55 PM
This is an ongoing issue due to different search syntax used in the Core search and in the Facets. It is yet to be resolved.
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for quick response.

Can you please let me know, how can I sync my core results and search facets? Because if both are not displaying correct result set then it would be problem.

Some time, in the search facets tree, I can see the content types which are not added into Data Settings columns for facets XML contents.

Is there any work around to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Sanket

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:09 AM
See this thread for more information:

http://www.codeplex.com/FacetedSearch/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=17396

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the thread link, its useful information.

But does anybody let me know, when can its get resolve and in which version of faceted search it will take care above issue?

Thanks,
Sanket