Search Facet Result Wrong

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Hi all,

First off I'd like to say how great this project is, really no trouble to get up and running, and the additional functionality is great. I am having a couple of problems though!  The first I believe is being addressed from another thread (ThreadId=17396) relating to the number shown after the facet being inconsistent with the core results.

My second problem is easier to explain with an example: I do  search for the term "test", it returns roughly 90 results. In the content type facet it says there are 3 results for "Word" documents, but when I click on it it returns nothing in the core results web part. The only check I have really made is to browse through the initial results to make sure there are some docx files in the results, which there were (although their icon wasn't the Word icon, but a standard web page icon).

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt
Nov 14, 2008 at 8:05 AM
I dont have an answer to your question, but I do have the same problem where you click on a facet and it returns nothing.  It would be helpful to get an explanation why this happens and perhaps a solution?
Developer
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Just to clarify on a previous post I've made today, yes this is a problem as you have rightly pointed out.  This problem is due the fact that two calls are made to the SharePoint Search API, one from Core Search and one from Faceted Search.  The Core Search results embeds it's logic inside an internal class which makes synchronisation very difficult to achieve.  This is something we're working on and we'll post a result when it's resolved.

Thanks,

Shaun