This project is read-only.

Errors related to other than English languages

Dec 8, 2008 at 2:44 PM
I am compiling a list of issues that come up when Faceted Search used with different locales/regional settings/languages/encoding, etc.
If you have experienced such problem please post your scenario, reproduction steps and environment specs to this discussion.
Jan 14, 2009 at 1:06 PM
hi,

I using moss 2007 SP1 hebrew veriosn and the bread crumbs is not showing anything and the search faceted is only showing the sign !
i have results for my search.

Thanks
Jan 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM
What languages are installed on the server? What is default language? What is the Facet and Facet Value in your scenario?
Jan 16, 2009 at 10:49 AM
on the server i have hebrew and english - hebrew is the default,
When i try to view the facted  web part on the webpart gallery i get a red !.
when i view the brad crum i see sony ....
i  did some testing and created a new site with english as default and then i search and it worked.
but whn i search in a hebrew site the facted show nothing (red !)
Jan 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM
This should be troubleshooted in your environment. Let me know if you can setup RDP on your box and have Visual Studio w/ Faceted Search source code configured. We might have time to look at the problem.
Jan 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM
i work in a close env. i can give you screenshots of the issue.
any other ideas why it's happaneds?
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:34 PM
I have installed the facet search in a Swedish gui for the search server. It works if I uncheck the cachingbox. Otherwise I get big errormessages that dosent really tell me anything. I sadly dont have the logfiles here but just want to tell you.
The caching works in english enviroment.
Jul 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Hi,

I using a MOSS 2007 SP2 English version. French  and  Spain languages are also installed

I compiled a search query and I have got search results in FRENCH as I hope. But, the facet 'LANGUAGE'  returns the language :  CATALAN as  facet value

Could you give me some explanations about the language detection method in  the faceted search

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Hi.

The Language facet works on the metadata field called DETECTEDLANGUAGE. This is a field that the search engine automatically fills in from what language it detects in documents. Bare in mind this is not an exact process so somtimes it detects wrong.

So if you have document that is written in english the field DETECTEDLANGUAGE will  have English as value. But if a document is written in CATALAN the field will have that as valu. Maybe this is not the case but then its just the search enginen that has classified it wrong.

Has nothing with the faceted search to do. Facets are built from metadata in the search index.