Upgrade/Uninstall 2.5 Beta to 2.5 Release?

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:33 PM
Before I completely hose my SharePoint environment, can you please provide detailed instructions (add them to your help notes too) that explain the process to uninstall and/or upgrade your cool feature?  I am surprised that this was overlooked unless I missed it somewhere.  And remember , detail is key not really interested in fishing around for commands and buttons.
Jan 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM
HELLLOOOOOOO......any chance you could do a quick write up on unistalling this beast?   Please?  Don't want to destroy my SharePoint system....
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Working with SharePoint solutions implies basic understanding of MOSS, SSP and solutions management. This forum doesn't cover SharePoint 101 questions, nor it allows comments framed in unprofessional manner. The latter will be reported to CodePlex administration immediately.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM
That's funny...I didn't curse, I didn't swear, I didn't even say I was some n00b when it came to SharePoint...you made some very poor assumptions.  If you typed an answer instead of threatening someone who is just trying to use your code it would have been a whole lot easier for all of us huh? And furthurmore, your code is much more complex than standard features or solutions that are easy to implement using a single stsadm command.  All the GOOD code I know has proper uninstall notes documented in their install guides.  How about you?

____
Update:  Next time just say there is a reapir/remove feature in your installer....takes a lot less words than you typed.