Content Sources Omitted

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Thank you for putting this package together; it looks great! I am coming up with an issue getting the facets to include results from custom content sources. I am not sure if this is a permissions issue (since these sources are secured), but shouldn't the facets be working off the same result set as what MOSS pulls out? If they are running a separate query, is there a way to find out which user account is being used to run the queries?
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Can you elaborate on "custom content source" and possibly provide steps to reproduce the issue you're facing.
Jan 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM
We are using the BA-Insight Universal Connector to crawl data from a variety of databases. That tool generates content sources which are not managed through MOSS, but rather through their own interface (although MOSS recognizes and searches the crawled content). Maybe this can be better explained through some screenshots (first one shows different numbers of results; second shows all the content sources, with some managed by MOSS - shown with the globe icon, and others managed by the tool - shown with the server icon).

[Removed]

Thanks for your help!
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM
I see. Well, it's hard to tell if it is even possible to implement the integration w/ BA-Insight connector. You are about to heavily invest into research efforts w/o guaranteed outcome. Do you have business needs for such integration that will make research worth it?
In any case, BA-Insight is far away from the FS team roadmap, sorry.

Leonid
Jan 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
I also use BA-Insight connector with Microsoft Exchange and it did work until this new release in December, so something has changed to exclude these content sources.
Jan 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try installing a previous release to see if that fixes the issue. No big deal if it doesn't work; this is just a nice to have.
Feb 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM
This is an issue with the trust level, for BA-Insight to work with the web parts you need to set the trust level to Full.