INDEXING TEXT/XML FILES

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM
HI, I recently downloaded the plugin to use the faceted feature. Can i index text files, if so, if my text file has 1000 entries, like 1000 records, each record is comma delimited.  What happens when i search for one keyword, will it return the file or it will return all the lines in the file that has this "matching" keyword. My requirement is  if it returns all the matching records then i can tag them to facets and can easily drill down. Did anyone using this faceted feature try to index data like i mentioned above? if so can you please help?

Thanks
Manisha
Developer
Jan 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Faceted Search supports searching of the SharePoint index and the associated Content Sources.
Jan 13, 2009 at 2:58 AM
HI Shaun, thank you for getting back to me. Yes , i am going to crawl this text file using the Sharepoint. Once i am done crawling this file, can i then get the records matching my search criteria and then drill down more using faceted navigation?  So do i need to place these records in individual files in the share point repository? Can you please let me know?

thanks
Manisha