Facet Part Permissions

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Has anyone come up against a problem where the faceted parts only render for a few users?  For those that don't get any content on the Bread Crumbs or Facets part, they instead get a ! on each of the parts but I cannot find any helpful error.  I did discover that adding a user as an Administrator on the Sharepoint Server eliminates the problem, but I can't do that for all users.

Help!
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Please provide details on your environment and user's permissions.
Mar 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Hi leonidly, the environment is a Windows 2003 server.  Sharepoint is all on one server, not spread across a farm.  Permissions for the users that are unavailable to view the part are just basic users, not administrative of any kind.  I've checked the effective permissions for a user that gets the ! on the part on the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\Templates\Features\FacetedSearch folder and they have everything so it has to be something else on the machine that they don't have access to.  I have set this up at other sites before and never run into this problem so it is a real head scratcher.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 9:56 PM
You might install FS 3.0 alpha for testing, that will write errors into event log. Otherwise, you will want to troubleshoot security issues somehow. There might be different reasons.