Search with apostrophe in the metadata value

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM
Hi, I'm trying to use Faceted Search for a WCM site with french content. You did a very good job but I have some issues, maybe you can help.

For some of the facets (let's say "Evenement"), keywords can have apostrophe ( ' ), for example, "La fin d'emploi"
When I search the content with "La fin d'emploi" and without faceted search, I get some results, and the faceted search says that it found some "Evenement" facets with the value "La fin d'emploi".
But if I choose this facet, search return no results, although the content is well indexed..

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you,

Romain
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 3:25 AM
Try the following. Run the search typing in the url query like ...results.aspx?Evenement:"La fin d'emploi"
Let me know what you get back
Apr 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Thank you for yuor reply.

Unfortunately I already tried this way and this doesn't work.
When I query (without faceted search) "La fin d'emploi", the page whose metadata has this value appears in search result webpart, and the search facet webpart displays, in the Evenement facet group, one item with "La fin d'emploi".
But if I click on this facet, I should have the same result in the search results webpart. On the contrary, I have no result any more...

I realized I have this bug for all facets which have an apostrophe in their value. Otherwise Faceted search works well with other facet query values, even if there are accents in it.

(Sorry for my english...)

Hope you can find a solution or workaround...

Romain
Apr 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Hi leonidly,

I was wondering if you had an idea about the issue I met and described above.
Is there anything I did not explain correctly maybe ?

Thank you for your help,

Romain
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:47 AM
Romain, I replicated the issue. The fix will be in the next build of Faceted Search 3.0. If you're using 2.5, then you will have to modify the source code and recompile the solution.
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Thank you very much for your time and your help. 

I  don't want to be annoying with my questions, but do you have an idea, average, for the date of release of the next build of Faceted Search 3.0 ? Would it be in 1 month, 3 month, later ?

Thank you again.

Romain
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM
The next build of 3.0 will be out in matter of weeks.