This project is read-only.

& in search facets

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:41 AM
Really am impressed with the project. I noticed that this issue has been found before http://www.codeplex.com/FacetedSearch/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6963. Just wondering if the updates are due to be added into an upcoming release?

I suppose the other option is to modify the source and redeploy the solution or even just the updated Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.dll. I have made the changes to a local version but of course all the PublicKeyTokens are wrong...
Apr 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM
The easiest thing to do is to drop your newly compiled DLL into the /bin folder of your web application.  You should delete the existing web parts from the web part gallery and add the new one (if you click "New" in the web part gallery screen you should see your updated assembly with new PublicKeyToken).

Do bear in mind that using this option you won't have the default WP properties populated (specifically SelectFacets) so you'll need to populate these to get them working correctly.  If you have any problems please post them back.

Thanks,

Shaun O'Callaghan
Apr 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Thanks Shaun,

That was the step I forgot about - the new webparts. I had dropped a new dll in the bin but hadn't removed the old webparts and added the new ones. As for the properties - if you export the newly created .webpart file from the gallery then the properties that have been defined in the main projects .webpart files can just be copy and pasted into the new .webpart file and the uploaded back into the gallery. Now all the default facets, and other properties etc are available and prepopulated just as if these were the original webparts.

Cheers again
Nick