Can't see Faceted Search Web Parts feature after installing

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM
I'm trying to set up Faceted Search with MOSS 2007 to test out another plugin that generates the search facets themselves.  I'm pretty new to MOSS, so I made sure to follow all the steps in the Faceted Search Setup Guide.  However, I'm running into a problem.  Once I get to the Test Install section, I can see that faceted search 2.5.wsp is deployed to the proper SharePoint web application.  But when I go to that site, click on the Site Actions/Site Settings/Modify all Site Settings menu option, and then select "Site features", I don't see a listing for the Faceted Search plugin.  I don't see any errors, either in the web browser or the Event Viewer: I just don't see the plugin listed.

At first, I thought I was having problems because I modified the wrong web.config file: I had modified the one in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\WebServices\root, not the one in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 (my application runs on port 80).  However, modifying the correct web.config file didn't make any difference.  I also looked in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES, and I can see the FacetedSearch subdirectory, so I assume it's installed successfully.

One thing I noticed is that I don't see the Office SharePoint Server Search Web Parts feature in the features list of my site.  I suspect that since Faceted Search depends on this, its absence could be responsible for Faceted Search not being present either.  As a SharePoint novice, though, I can't quite figure out how to make this show up in the features list.  It's also present in the FEATURES directory, so it appears to be installed as well.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Jim
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Jim,
You'll have to look at Site Collection Features rather than Site Features
Apr 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM
That was the part I was missing: I've got things working now.  Thanks for your help!