Fixed Query and Facets

May 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Hello,

As I am exploring how to take advantage of faceted search on a site, I've found a use case that I can't figure how to implement.

I'm trying to use a search web part to display a list of results on a page with facets. For now, I'm not able to display a fixed query and matching facets.

Here is what happens :
As far as I understood, the standard way to directly display the results of a fixed query on a page (whithout having the user typing any search term) is to use the "Fixed Keyword Query" parameter of the Search Core Results web part to set the predefined query, and change the "Cross-Web Part query ID" parameter to anything other than "User query". This actually works and the results are directly shown on the page when you're opening it. But after changing the "Cross-Web part query ID", the Search Facets web parts doesn't display anything. It seems that this web part takes its input from the Search Box web part, which is empty when using a fixed query.

Is there a way to connect the Search Facets web part to the Search Core Results web part or set a fixed query as an input for the Search Facets?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff.
Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM
There is no such feature OOB. You will have to modify Faceted Search code to allow that.
May 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Thanks you for you answer.