Perhaps OT - Faceting Calculated Column Metadata

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:15 AM

I've got a document library that has a calculated column.  Calculated column data is apparently stored as a SQL variant data type in AllUserData.  I see the data in that table in the content database as I would expect it to facet.

Unfortunately, when I index, the metadata gets pushed through as "string;#the_result_of_my_calculation", instead of the actual value contained in the content database, and looks like poo in faceted search.

I've seen just one other post on the web regarding this.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Hugs and kisses for a workaround.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Please provide .stp with the sample data and rrepro steps.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I have the same issue, here's how to reproduce...  Create a calculated column in any list or library.  Mine is named ModifiedYear and the formula is =TEXT(YEAR([Modified]),"000").  The value is displayed correctly on any Sharepoint list/library as "2009".  However, when I use the Sharepoint webservices I see the actual actual value that gets stored in the field is "string;#2009".  The search facet displays this value (string;#2009) not the trimmed value of (2009)

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Please promote to the Issues and I'll include it into the working queue.