Advanced search and facets

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I have the same issue that a couple other posters are experiencing with the advanced search, selecting a particular scope and getting the "No scope named x could be found".  Aside from that, I'm also experiencing a strange issue.  If I do a search for a single word and go to a results page with the faceted web part and have the core results and the faceted web parts looking to an "All Items" scope I get results that I would expect and facets works great.  If I do an advanced search for a single word, don't select any facets and go to a results page with the faceted web part and have the core search results and faceted web parts with no scope set, I get wildly differing results in the facets than the previous described test.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ty

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM

This may be the same as issue 7902.   I am not sure what the status of it is.

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I agree the first part of my post would coincide with 7902.  For my workaround (i.e. not selecting a scope) I'm more curious in the large difference between the two faceted web parts.  If the core search results web part is pulling back the same number of items in both scenarios should the faceted web part not be returning the same facets and counts?