Unable to display Word/Excel 2007 documents

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Good morning, all

I recently downloaded and installed Faceted Search 3.0, together with EntlIb 4.0, as per the "Setup Guide".

when I execute a search, I receive the correct results in the teh facted Search web part, but if I click on the links (for Excel and Word 2007 -

other versions are fine) then I receive an empty page (no results). I have looked at the various postings, concerning creation of a "ContentType2"  but to no avail.

Can not anyone advise?

Thanks!

allanmark

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I am experiencing the same problem.

I have confirmed the issue is with the results of the search and not related to faceted search by doing the following:

1) I updated the Search results to include the field "contenttype" , I altered the results XSL to show the value for "contenttype" (on the 'Search Core Results' web part) 

2) When I do a search that includes a filter for content type  ( contenttype:"application/vnd.ms-word.document.12" ) I get no results sets

3) When I removed the "document.12" from the search string  ( contenttype:"application/vnd.ms-word" ) I get word documents with content type of "application/vnd.ms-word.document.12"

Also See Discussion here: http://facetedsearch.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=31955 

Seems like a problem with the search results/criteria  

Any insite would be welcome!

Regards,

Mark

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM

That's MOSS. Try the same search in Advanced search

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Yep, same results, it is an issue with MOSS search.  I'm going to have to come up with a work around, or at least, hide the "contenttype" facet. 

Thanks for a great project, I have really enjoyed working with it. SMBology is doing a demo in Houston on Tuesday which will feature Faceted Search. (http://www.smbology.com/News_Events/Pages/SharePointSeminar.aspx ) 

Thanks,

Mark

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2009 at 4:51 AM

Mark,

You might use Exclusions in Columns definition to hide Office 12 content types. The other way would be to use wildcard search trimming everything starting "-". Not tested though.

Would be nuch interested to hear from the mentioned session. Please feel free to send feedback to xsearch@microsoft.com

Leonid