Unable to preview SearchFacets.webpart

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Hi I have a problem in previewing the SearchFacets.webpart, though I can preview SearchBreadCrumbs.webpart and SaerchHint.webpart.

I get the exception :

---------------------------
w3wp.exe - Application Error
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xf6c (3948), Thread ID=0xc84 (3204).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
OK   Cancel   

If I press OK --- It prompts me for username/ password (and even after giving correct credentials, it would keep asking until I press Cancel and then it shows me 401.1 not authorised page)

If I press Cancel (to debug the application) --- The dialog box shows a StackOverflowException, ofcourse I do not see the code or anything like that but just that this exception was the reason behind that.

I have the latest version installed Version 3.0.071509.0 . And my environment is Win 2003 server 64 bit,  Service Pack 1, Sharepoint 2007 SP 1.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I have the same problem. Win2003 SP2 64bit, WSS 3.0 SP1

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:12 AM

no one know who to resolve this ?

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM

This might be a W2003 security problem resolved by installing a hot fix. To test, enable BASIC auth on IIS and see if this solves the issue.

In any case, you can try setting TRUST in web.config to full and re-test web part preview.

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM

@leonidly

Could you plz tell which hotfix is this ? possibly a link to it ?

Thanks

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I have set the full trust like this : <trust level="Full" /> and like this  <trust level="Full" processRequestInApplicationTrust="false" />

but did not work for me.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Prashant, if you've tried all the debugging tips in the forum and it didn't work, I am afraid you will have to professionally troubleshoot your MOSS environment to get to the bottom of it.