Hi guys

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I'm busy with trying to get faceted search working the way i'd like to...

I was wondering who can tell me what i have to do to make a new facet projects which i'd like to connect to all documents who users are creating or uploading within SharePoint.

I'd like to show this facet in the search.

I already have made a content type gallery and a site column than I added a column in the document library settings so the attribute projects is mandatory to fill in when uploading or creating a new file in the document library

Then I modified the xml file in the search page of Faceted Search:

<Column Name="Bedrijfsnaam" OrderBy="Hits" SortOrder="Descending" TotalResults="5" DisplayName="Klant" DefaultImage="STS_ListItem16.gif" >
<Mappings>
<Mapping Match="message/rfc822" DisplayName="Email" Image="iceml.gif" />
<Mapping Match="message" Image="icmsg.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/octet-stream" DisplayName="Message" Image="ICMSG.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/html" DisplayName="Html" Image="html16.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/plain" DisplayName="Text" Image="ictxt.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/xml" DisplayName="Xml" Image="ICXML.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/xml" DisplayName="Rss" Image="ICXML.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.12" DisplayName="PowerPoint 12" Image="icpptx.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" DisplayName="PowerPoint" Image="icppt.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-excel.12" DisplayName="Excel 12" Image="icxlsx.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-excel" DisplayName="Excel" Image="icxls.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/msword" DisplayName="Word" Image="icdoc.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-word" DisplayName="Word 12" Image="icdocx.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.visio" DisplayName="Visio" Image="icvsd.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/pdf" DisplayName="PDF" Image="pdficon_small.gif"/>
</Mappings>
</Column>

<Column Name="Opdrachten" OrderBy="Hits" SortOrder="Descending" TotalResults="5" DisplayName="Projecten" DefaultImage="STS_ListItem16.gif" >
<Mappings>
<Mapping Match="message/rfc822" DisplayName="Email" Image="iceml.gif" />
<Mapping Match="message" Image="icmsg.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/octet-stream" DisplayName="Message" Image="ICMSG.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/html" DisplayName="Html" Image="html16.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/plain" DisplayName="Text" Image="ictxt.gif" />
<Mapping Match="text/xml" DisplayName="Xml" Image="ICXML.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/xml" DisplayName="Rss" Image="ICXML.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.12" DisplayName="PowerPoint 12" Image="icpptx.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" DisplayName="PowerPoint" Image="icppt.gif" />
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-excel.12" DisplayName="Excel 12" Image="icxlsx.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-excel" DisplayName="Excel" Image="icxls.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/msword" DisplayName="Word" Image="icdoc.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.ms-word" DisplayName="Word 12" Image="icdocx.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/vnd.visio" DisplayName="Visio" Image="icvsd.gif"/>
<Mapping Match="application/pdf" DisplayName="PDF" Image="pdficon_small.gif"/>
</Mappings>
</Column>

And I do a full crawl but the faceted search is not showing my new added facet projects...

What did I do wrong or forgot?

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Have you created a metada property "Opdrachten" bound to a crawl property that linked to your custom column? If yes, have you run full crawl again after that?

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Well... That's my problem I want to create the metadata property "Opdrachten" so I added the column "Opdrachten" in a document library in the document library settings from a site column that I made. Than I added some content to the column "Opdrachten" at a document that's inside the document library. Than I did a full crawl and I wanted to add the metadata property "Opdrachten" but not not in the list...

What did I do wrong?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM

If your steps were successful, then you showuld be able to see ows_ crawled property matching your column's name. Check crawl log to ensure that there IS a Url pointing to your docuemnt library.