Current buildoperation failed?

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Hello,

I am using wss with forms authentication. When i want to add the Webpart Search Facets, I am facing following problem:

Search Facets: The current build operation (build key Build Key [Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicyImp, Faceted Search Policy]) failed. The Object is not set to an instance of an object. (Strategy Type ConfiguredObjectStrategy, index 2).

This problem only occures, when i want to add the webpart on a website with forms authentication. Applications with Windows Auth on the same Server dont end in this error.

Maybe someone has some Ideas about that problem?

Thanks:-)

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I'm getting the same error but in a different situation. This is the first time I've seen someone else reporting the same error.

My scenario is as follows:

We had facets working perfectly in one farm. We were doing some DR testing and I copied the content database files (mdf & ldf) to a new farm to attempt a restore. Everything worked just fine in the new farm but the facets. They threw this very same error you reported above.

If I go to a page with facets on it without a k= variable in the URL, the page displays fine. I'm able to add and use facet web parts to pages in another site collection in the same farm so the install is OK.

I'm not using forms auth. This farm is still connecting to the same domain that the original was.

I installed the latest all=in-one version on the downloads page.

Anyone else?

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Please post errors from Event log.

Also, does web part preview work?

Aug 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I solved my issue. I feel kinda silly that I didn't come up with the solution earlier. I had to copy in the configuration items from the old web.config to the new site. I guess the new all-in-one installer didn't take care of that or I had some odd hybrid install going on. Anyway, check your web.config. You might need to add the manual config options from the manual setup in there.

Dave

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

well,

I compared the two webconfigs (application with windows and the one with forms auth) and couldnt find some reasonable differences which could cause that problem.

When I have time, i will setup forms auth on my developement client and debug the solution.

:-/