There is a duplicate 'enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource' section defined

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Hi All

I am trying to get this web part working (Faceted Search 3.0  - oneclick install version) and when I activate this feature, I get there is a duplicate 'enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource'  error. If I remove this line in config section (see below), the site comes backup normally. The web part also seem to get activated.

<section name="enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceSection, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" />

Now if I try to click on the webpart, I get following error:

The type SystemConfigurationSource does not contain the ConfigurationElementTypeAttribute. (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\localhost80\web.config line 338)

<enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource selectedSource="System Configuration Source">sources>add name="System Configuration Source" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.SystemConfigurationSource, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />sources>

Which makes sense because the System Configuration Source does not exist in the web config.

First I thought that my SharePoint Installation was corrupt so I uninstalled everything, cleaned it up and then did a fresh reinstall with same results. I am running this on Windows 2008 64 bit M/C with MOSS 2007 64 bit version. The breadcrumb webpart works fine.

Any idea as to what is going on? Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Any thoughts?

thanks

Andy

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Does your web.config has reference to the EntLib prior to installing Faceted Search? You can provide event log errors that might help troubleshooting.