This project is read-only.

Sucessful Install - SearchFacets.webpart Not Found

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I successfully deployed the one-click install version of the control.  When I preview the SearchFacets.webpart, I get a File Not Found or Unknonw error.  I did not do the Enterprise Library in the documentation steps, mostly because I don't know what all that is, yet.  Is that absolutely required, and could it be causing the error I am getting?  There doesn't appear to be anything logged in the Application Error log.  If I need to look elsewhere to provide more info, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Same issue.  Using MS Search Server Xpress 2008.  Did this on a test scenario and did not have to install the Enterprise Library (but that was .net 3.5 already loaded).  Current scenario is .net 20 and .net30 (30 had parts installed as part of setting up SSX).  I'll pass it along if I find an answer - please do the same.

Cal 

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I resolved this in my case by removing the faceted search (rerun the setup.exe, choose to remove it).  Then I loaded the full .net 3.5 package.  Then reinstalled it.  The issue went away with this.  I've seen some references that imply that 3.5 should be used instead of any earlier version.

Cal

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:28 AM

Correct. Faceted Search 3.0 install EntLib 4.1 libraries that depend on .Net 3.5. FS 3.0 itself is compiled for .Net 3.5 as well.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I already had .Net 3.5 SP1 installed.  I did a repair and reinstalled the feature; still no go on the faceted search web part.  I'll do a full uninstall and reinstall overnight.  Maybe I shouldn't install the service pack version?