This project is read-only.

Restricting Facet items within a range when the column attached is Date and Time

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi
I created a site column named AsOfDate, of type: Date and Time, and attached it to the Documents library. Then created a Managed property for this field with mapping ows_AsOfDate(Date and Time).
Now when this appears in the search facet webpart it shows date and time for all the items in the result set.
Is there any way so that the range for this in the facet's value can be resitricted i.e. only the dates falling in a particular range are shown in the facets?
To be more clear, i want that we can specify a range for dates in the xml for search facet webpart and values for AsOfDate among the result set falling within this range appear in the facets
Thanks in Advance
Amit Tuteja

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Amit,

If you have a specific vision of th UI peice for this functionality please share. Also, can you clarify what changes to the schema you are suggesting. I am putting together a feature set for the next release right now, so timing is good.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Hi,

My requirement is that in facets some configurable range of date facets could be specified and clicking on that range in facet should get search results witin that range.

e.g. if i specify 10 in configurable value,then date ranges in facet should be 10 i.e.  12/10/2009- 12/20/2009.

Thanks.

Regards,

Amit