This project is read-only.

Using Faceted Search on a customized search site

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Hi,

I have a customized search site, basically a team site with the usual default.aspx, results.aspx, advanced.aspx that works like the Search Center. The search control is also added on these pages and the results.aspx is also copied from a Search Center. However, I have problems getting your product to work.

For eg, I put in the Hints web part on the results page (that has a search input control) but it does not seem to work, neither does it give me any error message.

Does Faceted Search web parts work outside of a Search Center site?

Regards

KW

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

The Faceted Search depends on the Search Web Parts feature being activated. However, it doesn't require a search center to be hosted in. Are you saying that none of the FS web parts work in your custom search site?

Please provide details on your scenario and problems you're facing. You can email the snapshots and Event log to xsearch@microsoft.com

Leonid

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Hi

I've reinstalled it and managed to get the Faceted search to work. But now i'm trying to figure out why my Search Hint doesn't work.

After reading some users' comments, i've changed the web.config such that:

<add name="Connection String" connectionString="Data Source=<YOUR SQL SERVER NAME>;Initial Catalog=Caching;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<add name="SharedServices" connectionString="Data Source=<YOUR SQL SERVER NAME>;Initial Catalog=<YOUR SHARED SERVICE PROVIDER DB NAME>;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

I've also emailed you the error captured in my event log, hope to hear your advice, thank you!

Regards

KW

Oct 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Is the Usage Logging turned on in the CA >> Operations? I don't think that switching to SQL caching will make any difference.

Leonid

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I have two Site Collections.
Maybe SQL Caching matters.

backingStoreName="Data Cache Storage"
backingStoreName="Null Storage"

/slavko

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Additionally you might check Office SharePoint Usage Analytics Processing in CA >> Operations >> Job Definitions. It should be enabled for Hint WP to function properly.

Leonid