This project is read-only.

"the orderby in xml property assigned invalid value"

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I have two search scopes.  The first is a limited search which runs fine.  The secons is a far larger search that, instead of showing the Search FAcets control, shows a red exclamation mark and when I hover, I see the following error: "the orderby in xml property assigned invalid value"

I am using 2.5 as the upgrade to 3 failed.

Any ideas what this error indicates?  Too many search results,; an error in the settings?

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Also:

Just noticed that after looking through the web part settings the Search Facets control suddenly sarted to work.  It's like the problem is intermittent.

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:50 PM
gordonj wrote:

I have two search scopes.  The first is a limited search which runs fine.  The secons is a far larger search that, instead of showing the Search FAcets control, shows a red exclamation mark and when I hover, I see the following error: "the orderby in xml property assigned invalid value"

I am using 2.5 as the upgrade to 3 failed.

Any ideas what this error indicates?  Too many search results,; an error in the settings?

Make sure that OrderBy attribute in columns XML in Facets web part property has valid value, Ascending or Descending.

Leonid