This project is read-only.

Issue with the preview of "FacetedSearchResults.aspx"

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Hello all !!.

I have this error when I try to preview the "FacetedSearchResults.aspx".

This is with the version 3.0. 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source]
   System.Linq.Enumerable.Count(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +333
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.WebControls.SearchFacets.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +692
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

And this error when I try to preview the "SearchFacets.webpart" from webpart gallery.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.WebControls.SearchFacets.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any Idea ?

Thanks.
Diego. 

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM

What build is this on?

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yes, is the last one, 3.0. I download from the site 3 days ago.

Thanks.

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Is it 3.0.11109.0? Please provide Event log errors

Nov 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I had the same problem, Faceted Search was working perfecting. I didn't change anything I suddenly started getting this error (was changing scopes). The only thing in the Event Log was an Enterprise Logging exception:

An error occurred in application /LM/W3SVC/1798263872/ROOT-2-129030934339253148 in the Enterprise Library Logging Application Block.

Failure while sending log entry to the TraceListeners.

The exception that occured was: System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.VerifyAndCreateSource(String sourceName, String currentMachineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEvent(EventInstance instance, Byte[] data, Object[] values)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.TraceListeners.FormattedTraceListenerWrapperBase.TraceData(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType severity, Int32 id, Object data)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogSource.TraceData(TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, LogEntry logEntry, TraceListenerFilter traceListenerFilter)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogWriter.ReportExceptionDuringTracing(Exception exception, LogEntry log, LogSource traceSource)

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

The server OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I tried deactivating and reactivated the Faceted Search feature which made no difference. I was running v3.0.102409.0 of Faceted Search. In the end I uninstalled that version and installed build v3.0.111709.0 and the problem went away. Curious about the Enterprise Library exception above though - there appears to be a problem logging exceptions if I read the error correctly. Are there any special considerations for deploying the Enterprise Library on Windows Server 2008 R2?

Brian

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Brian,

The build v3.0.111709.0 takes care of the problem caused by Scopes deleted and recreated.

Leonid

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Today I will try again, I unistalled all the code, and I will download the last version.

Regards.
Diego.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM

The version that I'm are using is 3.0.111709.0

This is ok ? Or I need another version ?.

Thanks.
Diego.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I have the same error again, when I try to preview the Faceted Search webpart, this error is showed.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.WebControls.SearchFacets.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks.
Diego. 

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Diego,

I am afraid you will have to get this issue proffesionally troubleshooted.

Leonid

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Thanks Leonid. Nov 17's version fixed the nasty preview issue for me.