This project is read-only.

Wild card search and faceted search not working together!

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Hello,

I am using the component by Corey Roth "Wild Card Search"  http://wildcardsearch.codeplex.com/  for wild card search.

Facets are appearing on my search results page but i cant filter the records by these facets.

Basically these two webparts are unable to work together. Do you have a solution or a work around for this problem?

Thanks,

kranthi

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Faceted Search designed to wotk with MOSS OOB search. If the custom solution you reffer to leaves MOSS OO search flow intact, it should be able to work with Faceted Search as well.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Afternoon,

I too have installed "MOSS Faceted Search" and also the above Wild Card Search. With the Wild Card Search installed and activated when a facet is selected the core search webpart returns the following - "Your search cannot be completed because of a service error. Try your search again or contact your administrator for more information."

It would be really great to see these two solutions working together. With the power that facet search brings to SharePoint and the freedom of wildcard search would be fantastic.

Can anyone recommend a fix to get both these solutions working together?

Kind Regards,
James Callaghan

Cambridge, UK

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM

YEs you can make it work just update the code for wild search a little bit, I have this working on my application not sure exactly how I got this working but I did change a code on wild search a bit.

Thanks

Bharat

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hello bchopra,

Can you share the code you've changed on Wildcard Search web part? Thank you in advance.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I too am having the same issue (wildcard and Faceted don't work together). Code to fix this would be very useful