Managed Property Business Data

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Hello, I have linked all my documents to a CRM account with BDC. Now I want to add this column to the facet webpart. I have made a managed property mapped to the crawled business data Microsoft Dynamics CRM.Account.name(Text) however the column does not appear in the facet after crawling...

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I suggest you to rename your managed property to use alpha-numeric characters only. Let me know how that works for you.

Leonid

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Ok I modified it, mapped it to ows_Account (which is my Document Library column) and CrmBdc.Account.name(Text), it now shows the right account names in the facet columns. When I search and add an account to the breadcrumb you get this:

as search string: searchstring Account:"Microsoft"

And now the search does not give any results, this is strange because the url below does filter the Document library according to the account name

http://sharepoint/DocumentLibrary/Forms/AllItems.aspx?FilterField1=Account&FilterValue1=Microsoft

 

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM

You might start troubleshooting with setting your BDC property for Advanced search, See what you get from Advanced search w/o Facets. The Faceted Should should work (tested and proven) with BDC.

Leonid

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:11 AM
Edited Dec 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Maybe this could be the problem: the account name contains spaces, maybe is this the bottleneck.

single words seem to work

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Edited Dec 7, 2009 at 12:41 PM

This realy is weird.

I have now configured the CRM and SharePoint just fine. I have a Document Library with an Account column, which shows the account from the CRM, when I search for a document with a common name and get some results, facet nicely shows the accounts and I thank you for that. However, there is ONE SINGLE account which does not show up in the facet. I checked everything, the document is linked to that account, (ok ik contains spaces but other accounts too and they work just fine) I cannot notice weird behaviour in the database of crm filteredaccounts and the sql manager shows the account, so what could be wrong?

 

Ps. The description above is changed, I noticed the document was a duplicate, one with and one without the account assigned (so duplicates do not show their information in facet which is strangly enough)
So now the account showed up in the Facet rows. However, when I click it it adds something like this to the search query: Account:"account name" but does not give any search results anymore. Other accounts do give results in the same situation.

 

Ps2. When I use a part of the non-working account name, lets say Account:"Microsoft Dynamics" isn't working, Account:"Dynamics" just works fine!!! Microsoft Dynamics would be the correct name from the CRM... This is weird because for example Account:"Microsoft SharePoint" does work

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM

There must be a reason to this behaviour. Look athe the database or use tools like META Viewer from CodePlex, or get a proffesional to do that. Whatever the reason is, the result is thye META field isn't in the property database.