This project is read-only.

Editable Faucet Error

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Hi,

I installed the latest Faceted search with Editable Facet.  However, I get an error every time I edit the facet and run the new search.  The search directed me to

http://myportal/_layouts/FSRedirector.aspx?guid=859cbe5e-8d7f-4f07-a727-e9f3c9bd8172&facet=JobTitle&oldvalue=Senior+Manager&oldoperator=7&typeid=Text&returnurl=%2fSearchCenter%2fPages%2fpeopleresults2.aspx

The following error is on the screen:

Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.   at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.ExtendedSearch.WebControls.Redirector.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I tried to remove the latest installation by running the setup.exe and choosing the remove option. However, I could not install a previous 3.0 Faceted Search version.  When I tried to install the previous version, I was able to install EntLib 4.1, create caching database, change and verify web.config, activate site collection feature.  But the web part preview doesn't render correctly.

Please help.  Thanks.

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I'm getting the same error. Did you ever resolve this? Is reverting to a previous version the only solution? If so, which version?

Something that may also be related... whenever I choose a LastModifiedDate facet and try to clear one of the dates (it adds a range by default) using the "Remove Criteria" link, it throws an "Incorrect Format" exception.